Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Post 9- Thing 5, Teacher Web Pages

Five years ago, when I began this position, the idea of a web page was as foreign to me as a trip to the moon- and that year, when I created my first page and put it up, it was amazing to me- that I had my own little piece of the pie out on the web. The wow factor, while cool, does not get the job done. But teacher web pages do. I continue to be amazed at what an efficient and effective an Urban Planet page can be at getting information to end users and in supporting instruction. If back in the classroom, it is one resource I know I would make good use of, as it has a very high return for the time needed to create a page.

The issue as always, is time. Time to learn how to create a page and the time to maintain it once it is created. What I have seen with this is that if you wait for it to happen, it likely won't on it' s own. You need to 1.) Schedule time and 2.) Use your resources. Take advantage of your colleagues and others who have more experience with Urban Planet than you and ask for help when you need it. Or, take a class. However you get there, give this resource a try!

No comments: