Friday, January 4, 2008

Post 13- One New Thing, Social Bookmarking

I am an avid reader of professional literature and publications, so tend to know more in theory about various tech innovations and tools i than I can actually DO. Sometimes this creates and uncomfortable disconnect. Today while reading the latest online issue of TechLEARNING News, I came across an article called Social Bookmarking in Plain English that not only explained social bookmarking to me, but introduced me to a very cool online resource Common Craft that I know I'll use again. Common Craft does the following: (Text from their website.)
Our product is explanation.

We use a simple format and real-world stories to make sense of complex ideas.

We're interpreters. We present your products and services in plain English using short, unique and understandable videos in a format we call Paperworks.

Essentially, they use very simple, very low tech screencasts to explain tech concepts in a down-to-earth manner. It certainly worked for me and was also entertaining. I now feel like I know what the del.icio.us reference on websites means and also think I 'll further investigate social bookmarking and well as promote it to the teachers I work with. More on this when I have actually tries it out.

Leslie






No comments: