Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Post 2

Setting up my Blog last week made me think of something I read years ago about "3 year, 20 minute projects." Those things (maybe I am the only one who does this...) that you put off for years, that end up taking 20 minutes to do. I did not create my blog the day we did them in class, as I was fighting with the technology gremlins that were trying to keep you from creating your blogs. Then, I put it off. And then I wasn't sure if I would do it right... And then I got the "do it now or else" email, so I jumped in- and it was easy and fun!

So, to save myself more pain and agony, as soon as I saw Ann's email with the instructions tonight, I quick set up my feed. The problem is that I wanted to talk back to everyone, and there does not seem to be a comment button on the feeder view. You also do not get the benefit of the personality of the blog and blogger from the agregator.

I see amazing potential for this tool- for teacher PD and for classroom discussion. It is quite entertaining to read your posts- you are an amazingly funny group! I have been sitting in my kitchen laughing out loud- I believe that is supposed to be "lol," but I am not quite there yet.

Hasta la proxima,
Leslie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good point about the summary view on Bloglines--it does mean extra clicking to make comments, but it also gives a quick way to scan the contents of a blog. So, some trade-offs, as always.